These healthy and delicious blueberry muffins are made without using any flour or sugar. This is a simple yet delicious recipe using healthy ingredients like oat, yoghurt, fruits and nuts. No sugar or low sugar is also an option. As the first recipe uses no flour, it is ideal for those who suffer from allergies.
~ Lower Calorie Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins ~
These muffins are so good it is hard to believe they are low fat. Made from baked oatmeal, but in the form of a muffin they are moist and just as good the next day. You can replace the blueberries with raisins, apples or even chocolate chips!
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker quick oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp agave (or sugar, honey)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.
- Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times.
- Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, agave, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and milk with sugar, apple sauce mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22 – 24 minutes.
Serves 12 – Serving Size: 1 muffin – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 127, Fat: 2g, Protein: 3g, Carbohydrate: 28g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 17g