If you’re looking for a treat, this easy trifle is for you. There’s no cooking involved – just a little mixing, layering, and chilling – so it’s perfect to whip it up in the morning, and it will be ready to go for an afternoon party. There’s nothing to it! And – the lower calorie recipe is below the video!
- 10 oz angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 2 pints blueberries
- 6 tbsp fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package sugar-free white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 12 oz fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl.
- Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let it stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set; fold in the whipped topping.
- Arrange half the cake in the bottom of a large trifle dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread.
- Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then add more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture.
- Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a pretty pattern.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.
Serves 14 – Serving Size: 1 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 169, Fat: less than 1g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 38g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 16g