Shop bought veggie burgers can contain hidden oil, which makes them high in calories. This chunky bean burger is really easy to make and tastes great. Follow this step-by-step recipe video to find out how to make these tasty bean burgers.
- 400 g Haricot or Cannellini beans
- 400 g Kidney beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Red Chilli
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Bunch Spring Onions
- 1 Egg
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Put the beans, onion, garlic, chilli, red pepper and half the spring onions in a food processor and chop roughly. If you don’t have a food processor, you can roughly chop everything with a kitchen knife – it might just take a bit longer!
- Mix in the beaten egg and shape into burgers.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Bake them in a hot oven for around 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cook your burgers on hot barbecue or you can grill them.
- Cook them for 10 – 15 minutes until piping hot and cooked through.