Try this amazingly simple yet super healthy individual chocolate banana ice cream cake recipe. This is a 100% guilt-free, dairy-free, low-calorie sweet treat.
- 2 1/2 large Half frozen bananas, ripe bananas only
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 2 teaspoons natural unsweetened cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- Dried banana for decoration, optional
- Coconut flakes, optional
- First, line a plate with a plastic sheet, and place pastry rings over it.
- Put plastic cake wrap inside the rings.
- Put half of the frozen bananas disks in a blender. Add in 1 tablespoon of almonds. You will need to scrape the sides a few times before achieving the desirable consistency. If you want to make a large amount, then use a food processor.
- Fill the mould only 1/4 full.
- Put this in the freezer.
- Blend the rest of the frozen bananas, 1 tablespoon of natural unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup(You could try this with Nutella)
- Fill the mould and clean the top with an off-set spatula.
- Freezing for about 1½ hours.
- Before serving dust with cocoa powder, or sprinkle with coconut flakes – finally decorate with banana chips.
This recipe makes 2 mini cakes (6cm in diameter x 4.5cm deep, 2.4 inch x 1.8 inch)