Imagine the heavenly smell of pears with cinnamon, honey and walnuts in your kitchen, and even better, it doesn’t get any simpler than this! This is a healthy vegan recipe using simple ingredients, but there is elegance in simplicity. The flavours of cloves and cinnamon add a really special flair to these pears, and they are topped off with a sprinkle of walnuts.
~ Lower Calorie Baked Pears with Walnuts & Honey ~
- 2 large ripe pears
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- (optional) yogurt or frozen yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the pears in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Use a spoon or melon to scoop out the core.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each one.
- Bake in the oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes and then enjoy!
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 1/2 pear – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 111, Fat: 5g, Carbohydrate: 17g, Fibre: 3g, Protein: 2g, Sugar: 12g