The perfect steak means a lot of things to a lot of people, but really a perfect steak is all down to personal preference – and the steak should be cooked well, and seasoned right. These recipes have beautiful tender slices of steak with fresh and juicy mangos, plus a crunchy salad that will impress your friends and loved ones.
In this recipe a terrific lime, honey, ginger, and soy sauce dressing, perks up this crisp, hearty main-course salad.
- 3/4 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large head lettuce, cut into strips (about 7 cups)
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat.
- Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and spring onions and toss to combine.
- Gently fold the steak into the salad mixture and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
Serves 4 – Serving Size – 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 287, Fat: 15g, Protein: 19g, Carbohydrate 21g, Sugar: 15g, Fibre: 4g