There’s nothing quite like the smell of apples and cinnamon coming out of your oven and a beautiful evening. This cinnamon scented apple crisp is a perfect dessert, especially if you serve it warm topped with a scoop of low fat vanilla ice cream or frozen yoghurt. The first recipe shows you how to make this and the second recipe (below the video), is the lower calorie version.
~ Lower Calorie Cinnamon Apple Crisp ~
- 5 medium apples, peeled and diced
- 1.5 oz raisins (small box)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup Quaker quick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, agave nectar and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Toss until fruit is coated.
- Place fruit in an ungreased baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
- Serve with a scoop of low fat ice cream or fat free frozen yoghurt.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/8th – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 242, Fat: 7g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 49g, Fibre: 5g, Sugar: 32g