This delicious Apple Cranberry Flaugnarde is quick and easy to make. A Flaugnarde is a rustic French custard-like dessert eaten warm and it will be a big hit with friends and family alike. The recipe for lower calorie Flaugnarde of Mixed Berries is below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Flaugnarde Of Mixed Berries ~
- 2 1/2 cups of mixed fresh berries
(such as blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 3 eggs
- 10 tbsp light agave nectar (or sugar)
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of 1% milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- powdered sugar for dusting
- baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with baking spray and dust with a little flour. Toss in the berries.
- Whisk the eggs, agave, salt, and flour together until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- The flaugnarde will have puffed up a bit and will deflate while cooling.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/8th – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 168, Fat: 2g, Protein: 4g, Carbohydrate: 33g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 24g