This one-pot dish is great for an easy weeknight meal. A gorgeous & simple apple cider chicken recipe for you to try and since everything bakes in one dish, cleanup won’t take long.
- 4 skinless, bone-in chicken legs, (thighs and drumsticks) trimmed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/4 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, cored and sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place chicken, olive oil, apple cider, apple cider vinegar,
salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and garlic in a large plastic ziplock bag.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F°.
- Place the chicken and its marinade into a 9 x 13-inch dish.
- Arrange the cabbage and apples around the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn the chicken and brush the mustard on top.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the apples are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Serving Size : 1 chicken leg with cabbage – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 418, Carbohydrates: 20g, Protein: 53g, Fat: 14g, Fibre: 3g, Sugar: 12g