This is a well rounded butt and thigh workout using no equipment that you can do anywhere. The lower body exercises in this video are excellent for toning your thighs and butt.
Aim to train the lower body 2-3 times each week depending on your personal fitness level, muscle soreness, and intensity of workouts.
Tips for making this workout easier or more challenging:
Make it easier:
- Use a more shallow range of motion until you feel strong enough to increase your depth of movement
- Take longer or more frequent rest periods to shake out your muscles and/or catch your breath
- Move at your own pace
- Focus on form more than anything else; it will help prevent injury
Make it more challenging:
- Focus on form and squeeze all of your muscles with every rep; there’s no reason you can’t contract your core (this will also protect you from injury). Make it count!
- Hold onto weights; if you’ve got them, add them. If you don’t have them and want to make it harder, get creative and add objects around the house for extra resistance
- Minimize or cut out the rest periods
- Make your “Active Rest” periods a HIIT exercise; burpees, high knees, and jump squats are an easy way to step up the challenge