You may be sabotaging your shape-up efforts by wearing clothes that visually add weight to your frame. Here are some styling tricks to help you look thinner.
It can be simple to dress so you look thinner – wide leg pants only flatter a small body type and choosing larger sized clothes can make us look bigger than we are. Choose boot cut pants and fitting jackets. Lose the turtle neck and choose a flattering v-neck.
5 More Tips
- Boot Cut Jeans – Dark boot leg jeans are the most flattering. The slight flare at the ankle will give a long, lean appearance. Add a longish top for coverage and a cropped, fitted jacket to nip in your waist.
- Body-Lengthening Clothes – The most common misconception is that bigger clothes will make you look slimmer. Wear lightweight vertical pieces (long cardigans, scarves, necklaces) to build a body-lengthening look without the bulk.
- Structured Fabric – Dresses made from a structured fabric conceal imperfections, while crisscross detailing visually cinches in your middle. The shape of the dress has to be hourglass, coming in close to the body and then gently draping out – if you’re shy about your arms, cover them with a cropped, fitted cardigan.
- Accentuate Your Waist – Define your waist with a skinny belt and make yourself look taller by wearing heels. Remember to harness the power of
slimming undergarments — they are the sneakiest look-trim trick of all.
- Long, Dark Pants – Shoe-skimming dark coloured trousers create a long,
lean silhouette and if you’re bottom-heavy, wear them with a white top.