If you are trying to lose weight, your hard work will eventually succeed as long as you stick to your diet and exercise routines. But there are also things that you can you do in the meantime to make yourself look slimmer. The first thing to consider is the shape of your face.
Round faces are roughly as wide as they are tall but whether your face is round, square, rectangular or heart-shaped, the idea is the same – to make your face appear oval shaped. An oval face has a length about one and a half times its width, with the jawline being slightly narrower than your forehead.
Here are some suggestions about what to choose if your face is round:
- A layered fringe rather than a straight or heavy fringe.
- Try short styles which give height.
- Try styles that add length.
- Try styles that keep the sides of your hair short or close to the face.
- You can have curls around the crown of your head to create height – but never have curls near your cheeks. Keep the sides of your hair short with a curly style.
- Try longer to very long styles, with a fringe and layers so that the face and the neck are given a slenderizing shape.
Here are some suggestions about what to choose if your face is square:
- Try an angled bob with long pieces in front that gradually get shorter toward the back, this will elongate rather than widen your face.
- Try graduated layers to soften a strong jawline,with the shortest layer even with your chin.
- Try asymmetrical layers that are not perfectly even on both sides as matching up your layers exactly can accentuate a square face rather than disguising it.
- Try soft, loose waves around the face as this will have a diffusing effect and disguise a square face.
- Try soft long layers to accentuate your face without creating any breaks or distracting sections – layers that are too short can make a square face shape seem flat or wide.
- Try a side swept fringe to take the edge off angular lines.