This lower calorie recipe is roasted chicken breast in a zesty, garlic sauce. The video recipe shows you how to make Lemon Garlic and Rosemary Chicken. Simple ingredients like fresh lemons, fragrant rosemary, savoury garlic, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs combine to make this flavourful, crispy baked chicken recipe. Easy enough for a week night, but great for company or a special occasion! This is a healthy version of fried chicken cutlets. Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts are coated with the ingredients and the chicken is baked in the oven. Clean up is easy, since there is no frying and the end result is delicious, crispy chicken full of flavour!
- 2 large lemons
- 4 large chicken breasts, skin on
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 30 mls extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Chopped tarragon, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6.
- Cut 1 lemon into very thin slices and juice the other lemon.
- Insert 1 slice of lemon under the skin of each chicken breast
along with a sprig of tarragon.
- Place in a roasting dish.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, scatter over the garlic and remaining lemon slices and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the chopped tarragon and serve with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 chicken breast – Nutrition per Serving
Calories: 270, Fat: 13g