This is a sweet, tart, crunchy, and creamy apricot treat with very little added sugar and just enough crunch to make the apricots extra delicious! If you don’t like apricots you could make this dish with plums, peaches, apples, and pears too!
- 8 medium-size or 12 small apricots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus additional for the ramekins
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter four 6-ounce or 1-cup ramekins.
- Pit and quarter the apricots, and arrange in the ramekins, using two apricots per ramekin (three if the apricots are small).
- Mix together the chopped almonds, brown sugar, oats, butter and nutmeg.
- Dot the apricots with the topping, using about a tablespoon for each ramekin.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet, and bake 15 to 20 minutes until the apricots are bubbling and the topping is lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat, and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before topping with vanilla cream.
- 1 cup of plain non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp. powdered sugar
- ½ of a vanilla bean pod
Place the yoghurt into a medium bowl. Scrape out the beans from the vanilla pod and add to the yoghurt. Add sugar to the bowl and combine everything well.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 150g, Fat: 2g, Carbohydrate: 18g, Fibre: 2, Sugar: 14g, Protein: 4g