If you love pumpkin pie and chocolate chip cookies, here’s the cookie for you! These moist, chocolate chip cookies with pumpkin puree are a perfect treat and a lower fat recipe is below the video.
~ Low Fat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies ~
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice; stir to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, pumpkin puree and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended.
- If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.
- Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes
before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.
- This recipe should make 24 cookies.
Serves 12 – Serving Size: 2 cookies – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 171, Fat: 5g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrate: 35g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: 25g