These individual pies are are filled with mixed berries and are perfect for portion control. Easy to make, they are made lighter by only using a crust on the top.
- 4 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- plus 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Toss in berries and gently mix to coat.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest, then divide evenly into 4 (6 oz) ramekins.
- Cut the pie crust into 4 circles about 4 inches round.
- Roll to elongate slightly.
- Cut a shape out of the centre and place the crust over the fruit in the ramekins.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Place the ramekins on a rimmed baking baking sheet and place in the centre of the oven.
- Bake until the berries are hot and bubbling and the crust is golden, about 40 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 pie – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 206, Carbohydrates: 36g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 7g, Fibre: 6g, Sugar: 16g