These Jalapeno poppers are stuffed with cream and shredded cheese and bacon. As the poppers in the first recipe are double breaded and deep fried, they have more calories, however the lower calorie version follows.
Lower Calorie Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken
Cheesy stuffed chicken breast stuffed with diced jalapeño, cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, spring onions and bacon! The serving size is a generous two pieces, so adding vegetables or a salad on the side would make this a complete meal.
- 2 slices centre cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, spring onions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving – Serving Size: 2 stuffed breasts
Calories: 371, Fat: 18g, Protein: 43g, Carbohydrate: 11g, Fibre: 2g, Sugar: less than 1g