This great Italian dish is made with chicken and vegetables seasoned with sage, rosemary and balsamic vinegar, then baked in the oven. A delicious healthy meal, with very little clean-up. The video recipe is a sweet and tangy chicken combined with tender roasted carrots, green beans and red onion over nutritious whole wheat orzo for a meal that is not only delicious, but is also an easy to make dinner for those busy weeknights.
~ Balsamic Chicken with Roasted Vegetables ~
- 10 (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 20 medium asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 cup carrots, sliced in half long way
- 2 red onions, chopped in large chunks
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and sliced
- 2 tbsp oregano or thyme
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Arrange in a very large roasting pan.
- The vegetables should not touch the chicken or it will steam instead of roast.
- All ingredients should be spread out in a single layer.
- If necessary use two baking sheets or disposable tins to achieve this.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
Serves 5 – Serving Size: 2 thighs plus vegetables – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 347, Fat: 17g, Protein: 31g, Carbohydrate: 19g, Fibre: 6g