These delicious crepes, known as Palacinky, can be filled with fruit, jam, ice cream, or whatever you like! Instead of the cream you could use low fat vanilla yoghurt mixed with a little extra vanilla and splenda. The video shows you how to make cocoa pancakes with berries and the lower calorie recipe is below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Czech Crepes Filled With Berries & Cream ~
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or 2 large egg whites)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp oil
- non-stick spray
- powdered sugar
- 6 oz package blackberries
- 6 oz package raspberries
- 12 oz package strawberries, cut in quarters
- 2 tbsp sugar
- whipped topping
- In a medium bowl, combine all berries and sugar. Let this stand for at least 10-15 minutes.
- In a blender, blend flour, milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan on medium-low flame.
- When hot, spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of the pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown. Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining crepe mixture.
- To serve, spoon whipped cream into centre of each crepe.
- Top with berry mixture and fold each edge of crepe over filling.
- Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. These are best if served warm.
- You could use unsweetened almond milk instead of the milk and count only 30 calories per cup!
- Instead of the cream you could use low fat vanilla yoghurt mixed with a little extra vanilla and splenda.
Serves 12 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 106, Fat: 1g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fibre: 2g, Protein: 4g