This recipe is so easy to make, and it’s absolutely delicious! Use your favourite fruit preserves and top with the same fresh fruit. The video shows you how to make Crème Brûlée using a traditional recipe, it shows you the best sugar to use for the topping and how to caramelize the sugar without having to use a kitchen torch. However this recipe is high in calories so there is a lower calorie recipe below the video.
~ Lower Calorie Crème Brûlée ~
The custard in this low fat Crème Brûlée is actually Greek yoghurt sweetened with fruit preserves on the bottom, and topped with fresh fruit. This is a fancy dessert made with very little effort.
- 1 tbsp low sugar strawberry preserves
- 6 oz fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 sliced strawberry to top
- Place fruit preserves at the bottom of a 6 or 7 oz ramekin.
- Top with yogurt.
- When ready to serve top with sugar.
- Using a torch, melt the sugar and form a crispy top.
- Cool a few minutes then top with fruit.
- Serve immediately.
Assemble the preserves and yoghurt ahead of time then add the sugar right when you are about to torch it. If you add the sugar sooner, the sugar will be absorbed by the yoghurt and it won’t work.
Serves 1 – Serving Size: 1 ramekin – Nutrition per Serving
Calories: 195, Fat: 0.1g, Protein: 16g, Carbohydrate: 32g, Fibre: 0.4g, Sugar: 30g