This Cranberry Pear and Apple Crumble mixes large chunks of apples and pears with tart cranberries (either fresh or dried), and tops them with a mixture made with flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, rolled oats, nuts, and butter. It is oh so good when served warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We also have a lower calorie recipe too!
~ Lower Calorie Pear & Cranberry Crumble ~
- Cooking spray
- 5-1/2 cups peeled and diced ripe pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 1/2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine pears and cranberries in a large bowl, add the orange zest, honey, cornstarch and cinnamon and pour it into the baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the crumble topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/2 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 197, Fat: 7g, Protein: 2g, Carbohydrate: 37g, Fibre: 5g, Sugar: 25g