The smooth, rich filling and the crunchy texture of the base makes this a delicious dessert that the whole family can enjoy. Add some berries and you can sit back and enjoy knowing that you are getting one of your 5 a-day along with your fibre intake and doing less damage to your waistline.
- 500g Quark (low fat soft cheese)
- 240g All-Bran Golden Crunch
- 120g Chocolate Philadelphia
- 120g Low fat fruit yoghurt (strawberry/vanilla)
- 8 tsp flora extra light
- 4 tbsp Sweetener
- Pre-heat oven to 240′c/220′c fan, Gas 4.
- Line a 20 cm loose base tin with baking paper.
- Blitz All-Bran crunch in a food processor.
- Melt the flora in a microwave for a few seconds and add to the All Bran, mix together.
- Transfer the mixture into the cake tin and press down. Set aside.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk together the cheese, choc philly, yoghurt, sweetener and eggs until you have a smooth runny mixture.
- Pour on top of the base, squash out any air bubbles and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes lower the oven temperature to 110′c/90′c fan, gas 1/4 and bake for a further 25 minutes. If using an electric oven leave the door slightly ajar for the first 3 minutes of the 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes shake the tin and turn oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, door closed for 2 hours.
- At the end of the 2 hours loosen the edges of the cake and
put back in the oven to cool down for a further 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove from the oven cover with foil and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Serves 8 – Contains 3 syns per slice.