If you love noodles but don’t think that you can include them in your diet, here are two lovely noodle recipes. The video recipe shows you how to make noodles tossed with prawns in chilli garlic sauce and the second recipe is sticky, garlicky sweet and sour sauce with lovely big fat noodles – a great easy recipe for the end of the week and lower in calories too!
Chinese Prawns In A Garlic Sauce
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into strips
- 200g/7oz ready-to-eat king prawns, tails intact, if available
- 400g/14oz ready-to-wok udon noodles
- 1 bunch fresh basil, torn
For the sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 45 ml dark soy sauce
- 15 ml tomato purée
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 15 ml demerara sugar
- In a jug or small bowl, add all the sauce ingredients and whisk together with a fork, season, and set aside.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat oil till smoking, then add spring onions and cook quickly, pushing them around the pan with a spatula.
- Now add chilli and ginger, and stir for few seconds.
- Throw in carrots and stir rapidly, then add peppers and continue stirring.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, till beginning to soften, then add sauce and stir till well combined.
- Add a little water if too thick.
- Now add prawns and stir, then add the noodles and basil.
- Toss gently so noodles don’t break up, but coat everything
well with the sauce.
- Serve topped with torn basil leaves.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1/4 recipe – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 190, Fat: 4g, Carbohydrate: 27g
A basic guide to calories in prawns
- 100g of cooked and peeled prawns = 59 calories