Enjoy a lighter pasta for a week night meal with zucchini noodles. They add a punch of fibre, and a boost of nutrients to this classic dish that takes just two additional minutes. Not sure how to make the zoodles? Just click on the second tab to find out how to do it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped
- fresh thyme
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 ounce grated Parmesan cheese (about ¼ cup), divided
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
- ½ cup whole-wheat panko
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup torn basil leaves, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add thyme, 4 garlic cloves, and shallot; cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, wine, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Combine yoghurt and Parmesan; spread over both sides of cutlets. Combine panko and garlic powder. Dredge cutlets in panko mixture. Place cutlets on a wire rack coated with cooking spray. Place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 12 minutes or until done.
- Using a julienne peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise into strips, stopping at the inside part containing the seeds; discard seeds.
- Preheat grill to high. Top each cutlet with 2 tablespoons sauce; top sauce evenly with mozzarella. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves; cook 1 minute.
- Add zucchini; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Toss with remaining sauce, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and half of basil.
- Arrange ¾ cup zucchini noodles on each of 4 plates.
- Top each serving with 1 chicken portion; sprinkle servings evenly with remaining half of basil.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 400, Fat: 16 g, Protein: 36 g, Carbohydrate: 23 g
How to Make Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 cups julienne-cut zucchini (4 medium)
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium – high heat.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon thyme and remaining 2 cloves garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add zucchini; cook for 2 minutes.