There is so much flavour and colour in these recipes. The video shows you how to make a Mediterranean pork chop marinade that is is easy to mix up and adds so much flavour. Or you could try pork chops, pan seared and topped with julienned squash, roasted tomatoes, lemon juice, olives and Feta cheese.
~ Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops ~
- 16 oz (8) thin sliced centre cut boneless pork chops
- 3/4 tsp of Chicken Seasoning
- 1 small (6 oz) zucchini, ends trimmed off
- 1 small (6 oz) yellow squash, ends trimmed off
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of pitted and sliced olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta cheese
- fresh juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tsp grated Lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season the pork chops with any seasoned salt you like.
- Use a julienne peeler, or slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch thick slices. Cut the slices lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick strips.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray; roast for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large oven proof dish and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and zucchini with 1/8 tsp salt and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to dish with tomatoes and place in the warm oven.
- Spray the frying pan with cooking spray and cook half of the pork chops on medium-high heat for about 1 1/2 to
2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and mix with the olives, juice of lemon and lemon rind.
- Serve the vegetables over the pork chops and top with Feta cheese.
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 2 chops, 3/4 cups veggies – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 230, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrate: 9g, Fibre: 2g, Protein: 28g, Sugar: 2g