Prosciutto is a dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served uncooked; this style is called prosciutto crudo in Italian and is distinguished from cooked ham, prosciutto cotto. Today we have two very different recipes that use Prosciutto as an ingredient. The first recipe sounds delicious but has more calories and the second recipe is a sandwich that contains fewer calories.
Lower Calorie Prosciutto, Arugula and Balsamic Sandwich
- 3 oz French bread or baguette
- 2/3 cup baby arugula
- 0.75 oz imported prosciutto (fat trimmed)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk together balsamic and oil.
- Cut bread, top with arugula, prosciutto and top with balsamic, oil and fresh cracked pepper.
Serves: 1 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 289.8, Fat: 6.8 g, Carbohydrate: 40.8 g, Fibre: 1.7 g, Protein: 10.8 g