Confused about what shape category your body fits into? This video will show you how to measure yourself correctly in order to determine your body shape. There are THREE areas you want to make sure to measure: bust, waist, and hips.
What you’ll need:
- Measuring strip (with inches side to make it easier)
- Clothing that will be form fitting to your shape (remove bra!)
- Paper and pencil/pen to jot down you measurements in this order: B, W, H
Comparing The Numbers:
- IF YOU ARE PEAR SHAPED: Your hips will be the largest number of the three, the waist being the smallest.
- IF YOU ARE AN APPLE SHAPE: Your bust and waist number’s will be larger than your hips. Your hips will be the smallest
- IF YOU ARE AN INVERTED TRIANGLE: Your bust number will be the largest of the three. Your hips will be the smallest.
- IF YOU ARE RECTANGULAR SHAPED: Your bust and waist number’s will be about the same and your waist will be about 1-8 inches smaller than your bust.
- IF YOU ARE AN HOURGLASS SHAPE: Your bust and hip number’s will be about the same and your waist will be about 8-12 inches smaller than BOTH your bust and hips.