Taking off weight and keeping it off are difficult. So today we have some low fat cooking tips that will help you maintain a healthy weight. Remember that small changes can add up to a big difference in how you manage your plans to lose weight, eat right and stay fit. The videos give you some low fat cooking tips for healthier eating.
More Ways to Cut Fat in Cooking
- Use non-stick cooking spray instead of butter or oil.
- Choose extra-lean meat and skinless chicken breasts.
- Trim all visible fat from meat.
- Grill, boil, bake, braise, steam, poach, slow-cook, and microwave foods instead of frying them.
- Drain fat from cooked meats and blot them with kitchen paper if necessary.
- Coat chicken and fish in breadcrumbs rather than batter, and bake them instead of frying them.
- Use vegetables, beans or whole grains to replace some of the meat content of burgers, meatloaf, and chilli.
- Choose chicken or turkey sausages instead of pork or beef sausages.
- Substitute two meat dishes each week with fish or vegetarian meals.
- Use fat-free chicken broth or fat-free milk in mashed potatoes, soups, gravies and stews.
- Oven-fry potatoes instead of making or buying French fries.
- Use herbs, spices, fruits and salsas to flavour your food.
- Substitute reduced fat cheeses for full-fat ones, and cut the amount you use.
- Choose reduced fat sour cream or yogurt instead of full-fat versions for stews, dips, spreads, and dressings.