We all want to have great hair; but unfortunately, shiny, healthy hair doesn’t just happen without a little bit of effort. Trying to look after your hair and get all that everyday stuff done that you need to do, as well as look after your friends and family, can be a difficult balancing act.
Hair Sins To Avoid
- Not shampooing properly – Remember to shampoo in small, circular movements; don’t forget to target dirt collecting areas such as the nape of your neck. You should focus on your scalp rather than your hair – and don’t forget the back of your head. Then rinse for 40 to 60 seconds to make sure you remove all the shampoo.
- Heat styling – make sure you put on protection spray before styling to provide a barrier for your hair. Straighteners can get up to 400 degrees and will damage your hair so try straightening it on a lower temperature.
- Excessive hair brushing can cause shedding – use your hair brush in the morning. However, brushing keeps your hair tangle free and distributes its natural oils throughout the hair. This promotes healthy growth and shine.
- Over colouring your hair can cause a lot damage – but who doesn’t like change their look every once in a while? It can be a lot of fun, but if you do it too often your hair is going to get damaged – so try to limit the number of times you colour your hair.
- Using too many products – If you have a hairstyle that needs to use hair products – hairspray for hold, wax for hold and shine, or serum for shine and to maintain fly-away pieces – then don’t use too much! You might end up weighing your hair down and reducing its volume, or just making it greasy and dirty. Often less is more. If you do want to use different products, try to find ones that are organic or have moisturizing/conditioning elements to protect your hair.