This cheesecake recipe is very easy to make and looks great too! Using the lower calorie recipe (below the video) you cut out a lot of fat and calories and add a lot of protein. This makes a lovely dessert and at only 133 calories per serving you can eat it without feeling too guilty!
~ Lower Calorie Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake ~
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp light butter, softened
- 8 oz package reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 oz fat free vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam (sugar free)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs and butter with a fork until evenly moistened.
- Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Gradually beat in fat free yoghurt, egg whites, lemon juice, and flour. Do not over beat.
- Pour over graham cracker crust.
- Stir jam until smooth.
- Drop by small spoonfuls over surface of filling.
- Using a knife, swirl jam gently through filling to create marble effect.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until centre is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
Serves 9 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 133, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrate: 15g, Fibre: Less than 1g, Protein: 6g