It can be hard to make pork chops juicy and tender but these recipes work! If you really don’t like pork you could use chicken breasts instead.
Pork Steak & Spring Veg Parcels
- 100 grams pack asparagus tips
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 125 grams (4oz) baby carrots, halved lengthways
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 4 lean pork steaks
- tarragon or parsley (optional)
- 50 grams (2oz) butter
- 125ml (small glass) white wine
You will need: some kitchen foil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200°C (190°C in a fan oven).
- Lay out four large squares of kitchen foil.
- Now divide the vegetables between the four parcels and top each one with a pork steak.
- Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and add herbs, if using.
- Add a small knob of butter and a splash of white wine to each pile of veg.
- Now carefully fold foil over to make a parcel, sealing the edges so contents will steam in the oven.
- Lay the parcels out on a baking sheet and cook for about 20 mins till meat is cooked through and the veggies are soft.
- Unwrap and serve, pouring the juices over the meat.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 1 pork chop – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 320, Fat: 16g, Carbohydrate: 5g