If you’re looking to keep fit and searching for really healthy recipes that taste great, are low in fat and keep you full, check out this recipe for Chilli Con Carne made with low fat Turkey mince. Turkey mince is really low in fat and high in protein to keep you fuller for longer.
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Tin Kidney Beans
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- Olive Oil (to fry)
- Salt & Pepper
- Finely peel and chop the onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes with a little oil.
- Add the cinnamon, cumin, chilli powder and minced turkey to the pan, cooking until the turkey goes white and is cooked through.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, oregano, tomato puree, salt & pepper (to season) and a crumbled stock cube to the pan, stir, then simmer for 20 minutes (with lid).
- Add some water to just cover the mixture.
- After 20 minutes, drain the kidney beans then add to the pan, stir in and allow to simmer for 10 minutes (without lid).
- Now switch off the heat and replace the lid. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remember to prepare some rice or a jacket potato in the mean time and go easy if you want cheese on the top – keep it healthy!!!
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving:
345 calories & 9g fat