There are many variations of Beef Stroganoff recipes and the first recipe makes over classic Beef Stroganoff so it’s lower in fat and calories and still delicious.
~ Even Lighter Beef Stroganoff ~
- 1-1/2 lbs lean sirlion steak, trimmed of all fat, cut in thin 1/4″ x 2″ strips
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 oz of sliced mushrooms
- 1 can of Campbell’s tomato soup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small fresh bay leaf
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup of light sour cream
- In a heavy saucepan, heat pan over high heat.
- When pan is hot, spray with oil and add steak.
- Brown meat until cooked then remove meat from pan.
- Lower heat, melt butter, then add onions.
- Cook about 2-3 minutes until translucent, add garlic and mushrooms and sauté about 2-3 more minutes until cooked.
- Add a can of tomato soup, steak, water, bay leaf, and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and cook on low about 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and mix in sour cream.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Serves 6 – Serving Size: 3/4 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 251.9, Fat: 9.3 g, Protein: 28.1 g, Carbohydrate: 12.7 g, Fibre: 1.2 g, Sugar: 6.2 g