This delicious Lamb Rogan Josh is perfect for sharing. Onions are key to a good Rogan Josh, cook them until they’re deep brown for a rich, dark sauce. This video shows you how to make a lamb rogan josh curry step-by-step.
Weight Watchers Lamb Rogan Josh
- lower calorie cooking spray
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 20 g (grated) Ginger root
- 450 g Lamb, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Spice, (rogan josh powder)
- 1 large can Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Purèe
- 1 chicken stock cube, made up with 150 ml hot water
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon (ground) Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- Spray a large non-stick pan with low fat cooking spray.
- Heat, add onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lamb chunks and cook until browned – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spice powder.
- Add tomatoes, tomato puree and stock.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender, adding more stock, if needed.
- Serve the lamb.
- Garnish with lime wedges and coriander sprigs
This recipe is 11 ProPoints per portion.