If you like the combination of salty soy sauce and hot wasabi then learn how to make a Grilled Tuna steak with Fresh Horseradish Soy Sauce. The recipe is very straightforward, and if you can’t find fresh horseradish you could use finely grated ginger instead.
Grilled Tuna & Horseradish Sauce
- 2 (8-oz) tuna steaks, lightly oiled
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly grated horseradish root, plus more as needed
- 4 sliced sweet cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced spring onion to garnish
The ingredients in this recipe can be varied according to your personal taste.
Tomato slices were used in this recipe but lemon would work too.
- Preheat the grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grid.
- Lightly oil steaks with vegetable oil.
- Stir soy sauce, rice vinegar, horseradish, sliced cherry tomatoes, and hot chilli paste in a bowl until well combined.
- Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Place steaks over hottest part of the grill and cook for 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Spoon soy sauce mixture over steaks and garnish with green onion.
Serves 2 – Nutrition Per Serving 287 calories