This classic recipe is a delicious breakfast consisting of English muffins, poached eggs, Canadian bacon and a homemade hollandaise sauce. However if you make Eggs Benedict using the original recipe there are 446 calories and 35g of fat so this is not the healthiest breakfast option. The lower calorie version only has 225 calories and it’s quick and delicious!
- 1/2 light toasted English Muffin
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 poached egg
- 1 slice cooked Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons cooked Hollandaise sauce
Serves 1 – Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 225, Carbohydrate: 12g, Protein: 17g
- Spray non-stick coating on cups of egg poaching pan.
- Fill bottom of pan half full of water and bring to a boil.
- Break egg into pan salt and pepper to taste and cover with lid.
- Cook at medium-high heat for approximately 3 minutes – until white is cooked solid and yellow is still runny.
- Remove from pan.
- Place one-half of English Muffin in toaster, and when toasted, spread with butter.
- Top with one slice of Canadian bacon, one poached egg, and 2 Tbs Hollandaise sauce.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 package dry Hollandaise Sauce Mix
- 1 cup water
- Spray non-stick coating on small saucepan
- Melt butter in pan
- Stir in Sauce mix
- Whisk in 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil while stirring continuously then simmer for about 1 minute until sauce thickens.
2 Tablespoons is 1 serving.