If you enjoy rich and indulgent desserts but don’t think you can make them at home, this soufflé recipe is easy and only uses 5 ingredients. The combination of chocolate and mint gives this recipe an awesome twist. However this recipe uses double cream and may not do your diet any favours, so we also have a lower calorie recipe too!
Soufflés are light and fluffy and made using mostly egg whites and no flour, which is great if you are on a low carb, or gluten free diet. They are not hard to make, so don’t be intimidated. They should be eaten right away or they typically fall after 5-10 minutes so if you are serving these to guests, plan to eat them right out of the oven.
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp sugar
- cooking spray
Serves 4 – Serving Size: 6 oz – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 131, Fat: 4 g, Carbohydrate: 24 g, Fibre: 3 g, Protein: 5 g
- Preheat over to 400F. Coat 4, 6 oz ramekins with butter flavoured cooking spray.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas and vanilla together.
- Sift cornstarch and cocoa powder over bananas and stir well.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar until they form soft peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into banana mixture. When incorporated, fold in the rest of the egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins.
- Wipe the top 1/4 inch “collar” of the ramekin to remove any excess batter so that the souffle will rise straight.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.