Better than take away and better for you, this beef and broccoli stir fry is easy to make and tastes great! So give this Chinese classic recipe make-over a try.
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 onion
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tbsp. cornstarch, 2 tbsp. water, and garlic powder and mix until smooth.
- Add beef and toss, making sure all the meat is coated in the mixture.
- In a separate small bowl or spouted cup, combine soy sauce, ginger, coconut sugar, 1 tbsp. cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water. Whisk together and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over a medium high heat and toss in the beef.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until browned on the outside and just cooked through.
- Remove the beef from the pan and add in the broccoli, onions, and peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the al dente.
- Add the beef back into the pan along with the soy sauce and ginger sauce you made earlier.
- Toss everything together and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice, or zoodles.