A bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich can go from a diet buster to a healthful starter to your day by using low fat turkey bacon. Mix up a low calorie vanilla latte to accompany this satisfying breakfast.
An Alternative Recipe For Bacon, Egg, And Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 buttermilk biscuit, split in half and toasted
- 1 slice cheese
- 2 to 3 strips cooked bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack egg into a bowl and whip with a fork until yolk and whites are completely combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- When small bubbles start to form, carefully pour egg into the pan, gently tilting the pan to cover the entire bottom with a thin layer of egg.
- When egg bottom is firm, use a spatula to fold up the sides and form a square.
- Flip and cook on the other side.
- Lay egg square on bottom of biscuit and top with cheese, bacon, and other biscuit top.
- Place sandwich on a baking sheet and stick in the oven for about 5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Serves 1 – Nutrition Per Serving: 388 calories, 24g fat, 27g carbohydrate, 17g protein