In the summer months, our arms are exposed a lot with sleeveless dresses and short sleeve t-shirts. As it is not as easy to camouflage your arms in the heat – you might as well get them toned!
Don’t forget to work on your diet too – because if you have extra layers of fat on your arms, your arms won’t appear as toned.
- It’s a good idea to have water available and drink several or more glasses throughout the day, about 2.5 litres. How do you know if you’re hydrated? If urine colour is clear or nearly clear you are probably drinking enough water.
- Give up sodas, including diet.
- Avoid junk food and fast food.
- Eat more fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, lean protein and low fat dairy and avoid processed foods that are packed with sodium and refined sugar.
- Eat smaller portions, about the size of your fist. Eat 5 – 6 small meals each day and you will never have hunger pangs.
- Read labels and look at the ingredients’ list. If the product contains refined sugar, enriched white flour and high sodium, these are foods best left on the shelf.