Ginger is one of today’s top super foods and has many health benefits. You can easily implement it into your life to increase circulation, aid in digestion, prevent muscle cramps, reduce nausea and even relieve pain.
This is a cold and flu remedy that you could prepare for when the germs start spreading. Keep it in the fridge and at the first sign of a cold, sore throat, or flu, use a few tablespoons, add hot water and enjoy this delicious and soothing tea.
More Health Benefits
- Ginger relieves nausea and the symptoms of nausea from common stomach bugs or ‘flu.
- Arthritis – ginger can help relieve inflammation and pain without the side effects of many anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Ginger can improve digestion as it helps to neutralize acids and stimulates secretion of digestive juices to improve digestion. For immediate relief from any indigestion disorders drink one cup of ginger tea or 6 ounces of ginger beer.
- Ginger reduces respiratory problems as it is a good expectorant, effective in combating various respiratory problems such as colds, coughs, ‘flu, asthma and shortness of breath.
- Cold and ‘flu prevention and treatment – Ginger can be used to treat symptoms of cold and flu, especially when added to honey and lemon juice. For many people ginger tea works to boost immune system during the cold and ‘flu season, however if you do contract a cold or ‘flu, warm ginger tea helps heal the body better then many over-the-counter medications.