These tasty shrimp tacos are simple, delicious, and gluten free. They make a quick and easy meal, just right for the end of the week!
- 1 lb of frozen shrimp, defrosted, peeled, & deveined
- 6 oz fat free Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ a head of cabbage, thinly sliced (about 5 cups)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry pan until warm
and starting to form small brown spots.
- Set aside on a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel.
- Mix yoghurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro, & salt in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a medium non-stick pan and add cabbage.
- Cook for about four minutes or until the cabbage is just barely wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cut shrimp into thirds, so you have little bite size pieces.
- Sauté in two teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper over medium heat just until done.
- Place a scoop of cabbage on the warmed tortillas taco, then top with shrimp, and cilantro sauce.
Serves 4 – Serving Size 2 Tacos – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 264, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrate: 23g, Fibre: 5g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 30g