Quick to make, yet delicious and filling, the key to making low fat tuna salad is to substitute the mayonnaise for something that is healthier. This video shows you how to make a low fat tuna salad.
Weightwatchers Basic Tuna Salad Recipe
- 2 cans chunk light tuna in water
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Serves 4 – Serving size is 1 cup – Nutrition Per Serving:
102 calories; 1g fat; 20g protein; 5g carbohydrates; 1g fibre
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- If you prefer your tuna salad to be creamier, go ahead and add some extra yoghurt!
This is so low in calories that you can use an additional 1/2 cup (into the entire recipe) and it won’t increase the Points+ value!