Creamy, cheese-filled layers of lasagne with spinach – a healthy recipe and perfect for dinner meals. Follow the instructions to make a healthy, low fat, reduced calorie homemade lasagna.
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (25.5 oz) organic Italian herb pasta sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 container (15 oz) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain noodles as directed on package. Place in cold water.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, ground red pepper and 1 teaspoon of the basil. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In medium bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in ricotta cheese and remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil until blended.
- Spread about 1/2 cup sauce mixture over bottom of baking dish.
- Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups of the sauce mixture, half of the ricotta mixture and 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Spray 15-inch piece of foil with cooking spray. Cover lasagna with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serves 12 – Serving Size 1/12 – Nutrition Per Serving:
Calories: 240, Fat: 9g, Carbohydrate: 21g, Fibre: 2g, Protein: 20g