This is an unusual yet delightful pairing of grilled tuna steaks and red grape salsa. The tuna steaks are simply seasoned with lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper and grilled to perfection. The savoury, charred and citrus flavours of the tuna pair really well with the sweet and briny flavours of the grapes and capers.
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 (8 ounce) tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Stir together grapes, capers, shallot, parsley, and olive oil in a bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Place tuna steaks onto a plate, and brush with lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook tuna steaks on preheated grill until cooked to taste (about 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare).
- Serve with the grape and caper salsa.
Serves 4 – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 348, Fat: 6g, Carbohydrate: 18g, Protein: 54g