One taste of this icy cold treat will whisk you away to a tropical island for a few heavenly moments. This tastes just like a frozen Piña Colada, the only difference is you eat it with a spoon, not a straw! A perfect tropical combination of sweet and tart, this is a delicious treat on a hot day.
Piña Colada Sorbet
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dark rum (optional)
- Cut the pineapple into chunks.
- Puree in a blender with sugar, coconut milk, and rum
(if using) until smooth.
- Chill thoroughly then freeze in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions (or put it in the freezer).
Note: Leave the rum out if you are making this for the little ones.
Serves 8 – Serving Size: 1/2 cup – Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 91, Fat: 2g, Protein: 1g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fibre: 1g, Sugar: 18g